Thursday, April 22, 2010

Junk Mail

I would be lost without my little black notebook. It's divided into four sections:

1) RJ & Ann
2) Landon
3) Household
4) Miscellaneous

There is a pocket in the front where I keep coupons, stamps, important receipts, etc. And inside each section are random lists of important information - thank you cards I need to write, date night ideas that come to me at random moments, my Costco shopping list, etc.

In the household section I keep one of my most important lists. Its a list of stuff we need/want around the house. Things that aren't pressing but we need to get it at some point. For example:

another set of sheets for our bed
new storage box for cleaning supplies
new oven mitt and pot holders
a card table
silver polish
glass punch bowl

It's convenient to keep the list on me at all times, that way if I'm out shopping and I see a good sale I can browse the list to see if anything applies. Without it, I'll forget about these random items and end up buying something I don't need/want at all.

Yesterday I was so excited because I was not only able to knock something off the list but I did it for free (well, I had to spend $1 but close enough). Since being home with Landon I regularly browse our junk mail. I used to just grab it and toss, but I've found that taking five minutes to sort through the junk is worth it. I often find unexpected coupons. For example, two days ago I found a $10 off your purchase coupon for Kohls. I almost never shop at Kohls (I just don't think of it), but $10 off of anything was enough to get me in - I'm a sucker for good marketing!

Armed with our list and a snack cup full of Pirates Booty Landon and I went in with our coupon and came out with a new Food Network oven mitt and Sesame Street sippy cup - and only $1 loss!

2 comments:

  1. You can clean silver using aluminum foil and baking soda. Just google it! You can also use toothpaste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great. I found a whole collection of Dr. Seuss books there for 5 bucks each! Amazing when you pay over 12 bucks for them at Barnes. You can also soak silver in white Vinegar and hot water too to help get the rust or hard water off. But silver polish is a necessity for jewelery.

    ReplyDelete