Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Frozen Waffles and 20 Bucks

I love morning carbs - waffles, pancakes, french toast, donuts, coffee cake, etc. If its sweet and full of flour I probably want to eat it in the morning. RJ on the other hand prefers toast, eggs, granola or yogurt for his first meal. (I know he sounds so much healthier than me, but in my defense I don't make rounds through the office after lunch every day collecting mini candy bars.) So I make my own frozen waffles in individual serving sizes. That way I can cook him up some eggs and still have my morning "cake." (Because let's face it - most of those items are just cake.)

Frozen waffles from the grocery story are full of nasty ingredients that I can't pronounce and are much more expensive than the homemade version. About once a month I make a double batch of whole grain waffles. I eat a good sized serving and then let the rest of the waffles cool. I package them up in pairs, throw them in a zip-loc and toss them in the freezer. Whenever I want morning waffle all I have to do is grab one baggie and throw them in the freezer. 

And they're a quick and easy breakfast for Landon sometimes too. He has just one spread with sugar-free or low-sugar apricot preserves. Yummy! 

*********

Also, I am so excited to share with you my big score at Old Navy. I felt like toddling around the mall the other day and looking at the new spring stuff. (side-note: I was too excited to discover that little old Ventura mall is getting an H&M in the fall!) Now I know myself and I can't go window shopping without wanting to purchase something. Therefore, I gave myself a $30 limit. I had the cash in my pocket and I wasn't allowed to spend any more than that no matter what I found. I first wandered around f21 and found a cute hat but I wasn't in love with anything so I moved on. 

I'm so glad I did. Old Navy was having a 50% off of clearance items sale and it was the first day. I scored. I got all of the below (2 tanks, 1 short sleeve, 1 long sleeve, 1 button up cardigan, and a pair of shorts) for $22! I'm sure you'll be seeing some of this during Spring Fashion Week! 


My attempt at stylizing. 

My "helper"

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! I just went to the Old Navy sale too, but have decided to take my finds back...I'm trying to do more patterns, but realized I still need help on that one... :)

    Great idea on the waffles - I must try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed that you were able to pick all this out with your little helper by your side! And, I am loving the red striped tank top. Oh how I wish we had some tank top weather over in Scotland!

    ReplyDelete